The paralegal will work under lawyer supervision to manage all steps of U.S. immigration cases before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the State Department, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This includes nonimmigrant visas (e.g., B, H, L, O), permanent residence (e.g., through family, investment, or employment), and naturalization.
- Interviewing clients, gathering and reviewing documents, and other factual investigation
- Legal research
- Preparing forms and letters for filing with immigration agencies
- Creating a schedule for each case, using project management skills to prepare the case according to the schedule, and balancing the schedules in your caseload
- Chinese-English translation and interpretation
- Assisting with administration, such as billing and collections, marketing, and practice administration
Note: As we represent clients worldwide, you may be required to make or receive international phone calls outside of regular China office hours.
- Bachelor’s degree (law or English is most common, but other majors will be considered)
- Fluent oral and written English & Chinese
- Good client relations skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to cooperate with others, professional ethics, communication skills, self-initiative, and problem-solving
- Proficiency with MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote) and Adobe Acrobat
- Willing to make a commitment to work in this position for at least two years
Depends on experience.
How to Apply
Send a resume in English and Chinese, as well as a letter in English explaining your interest in the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity. We provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability unrelated to job requirements.