I-730 Following-to-Join Guide

family-reunificationRefugees and asylees in the U.S. may be eligible to have their spouse and unmarried children “follow to join” them to the U.S. This process is initiated by the filing of a Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition, and is managed by the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and Department of State (DOS). This process may be used for family members who live overseas and also for those who are staying in the United States.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has a helpful I-730 Following-to-Join Guide.