What to Expect from a Consultation
We welcome you to schedule a consultation about U.S. visas, permanent residence, or citizenship. This is the first step to hiring our law firm, or just a way to get your questions answered. We represent clients worldwide. The consultation can be in person (in Beijing, Shenyang, Shanghai, or Los Angeles), by telephone, or by video conference.
During the appointment, we will learn about your goals and your situation. Then we can explain each strategy available to you (for example, which visas you qualify for) and help you choose among them. The purpose of the consultation is to give you clarity and peace of mind. We will:
- review documents you provide;
- explain the requirements and procedures for any application;
- estimate the odds of success and explain whether there are potential risks associated with the strategy;
- explain your rights and obligations associated with the visa or immigration status;
- answer your questions, so feel free to prepare a list of questions;
- quote you a legal fee for handling the case. The fee will be based on our estimate of the amount of legal work needed for the case; and
- explain any costs for the case (for example, government filing fees).
The consultation is confidential. It can be in English or Chinese (or an interpreter can be arranged for another language). If you like, a family member or employer can participate. Plan for it to take 60-90 minutes.
The consultation fee is USD 300 (or RMB 2100), payable by USD credit card, USD eCheck (ACH), or RBM bank transfer. If you later hire our law firm to represent you, the initial consultation fee will be credited towards the legal fee for the case.
China Police Certificate
If you need help with a China police certificate, you do not need to schedule a consultation. Instead, see here for how to get a quote.