Temporary Visas

At Chodorow Law Offices, we help businesses, families, and others with temporary (nonimmigrant) visas. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • L-1 intracompany transferees
  • O-1 extraordinary ability
  • E-2 treaty investors
  • H-1B professionals
  • H-3 trainees
  • F-1 students
  • J-1 exchange visitors
  • B1/B2 visitors for business, pleasure, or medical treatment

In addition, our firm has unparalleled experience and resources on the ground for representing clients with regard to temporary visa issues before the U.S. Consulates in China (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Chengdu, Shenyang, and Hong Kong). We make it our business to know each consulate’s policies, practices, and procedures. 

For introductory information about temporary visas, see:

Related Articles

“Administrative Processing”: a Black Hole for Visa Applicants
“Administrative Processing”: a Black Hole for Visa Applicants

For the uninitiated, “administrative processing” (AP) is State Department-speak for a temporary visa refusal pending further investigation of a visa application. (9 FAM Appendix E, 404). The applicant typically learns of the temporary refusal when, at the conclusion of the interview, the consular officer issues a written notice stating that under section 221(g) of the Immigration…

U.S. Consulate in Shenyang Consular Section Relocating to Maoye Mall
U.S. Consulate in Shenyang Consular Section Relocating to Maoye Mall

The U.S. Consulate in Shenyang’s Consular Section is moving to the 5th Floor of Maoye Mall at 185 Qingian Avenue (茂业天地购物中心青年大街185号). That’s near subway line 2 Shitushuguan Stop (市图书馆站). Take Exit B. If you are entering the mall before 10 AM, use the dedicated consular section entrance located to the right of Starbuck’s Coffee. Routine…

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa Guide
K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa Guide

This article covers the requirements and procedures to apply for a K-1 visa, as well as the terms and conditions of K-1 status. Also covered are the rules for the fiancé(e)’s unmarried children under age 21 to apply for K-2 visas.