- The applicant did not bring to the interview an original (signed in ink) Affidavit of Support form.
- The applicant did not bring to the interview all required original civil documents.
- The applicant did not undergo a required medical exam with an embassy- approved local physician prior to the interview.
- The applicant did not bring documents to the interview to prove they are domiciled in the country where they are interviewing.
- The applicant did not bring to the interview updated supporting documents for their Affidavit of Support form, such as W2 forms or tax returns.
In a case where an immigrant visa applicant fails to submit the required documents, the visa will be temporarily refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act pending the applciant’s submission of those documents.
Source: AILA/Department of State Liaison Meeting Agenda (Oct. 8, 2015)