FAQ: China’s New Visa Law

China_VisaChina is overhauling its immigration law regime. A new Exit-Entry Administration Law (EEAL), enacted by the National People’s Congress Standing Committee, became effective July 1, 2013. New State Council regulations became effective Sept. 1, 2013.

The  law and regulations cover, among other things, visas, entry, and exit;  stay, residence, and permanent residence; and investigation, penalties, and deportation.  Continue reading “FAQ: China’s New Visa Law”

Guide to Z Visas and Work Authorization in China

Z Visa Guide CoverThis free Guide summarizes the requirements and procedures to apply for a Z visa and work authorization in China. The focus is on positions requiring an employment license issued by a local Human Resources and Social Security (HRSS) bureau. Each step of the process is covered: employment license, visa notification letter, Z visa and entry, medical examination, work permit, and residence permit. Issues related to accompanying family members are covered as well. The Guide concludes with a discussion of additional terms and conditions of stay in China for workers and their family members. Continue reading “Guide to Z Visas and Work Authorization in China”