2018 is a historic year for American companies operating in China: as China marks its 40th anniversary of economic reform and opening, AmCham China is issuing the 20th edition of its American Business in China White Paper. This paper is a comprehensive assessment of the operating environment for foreign companies in China.
It was a pleasure to participate in drafting the chapter on U.S. visa policy, which discusses the following topics:
- Controlling nonimmigrant visa appointment waiting times in China
- USCIS international entrepreneur rule
- Subjecting EVUS registrants to questions about social media use
- Inadequate annual H-1B visa cap
- Barriers to permanent residents taking assignments abroad
- Need for a Global Entry enrollment center in Beijing
To read the Visa Policy chapter, see here. To read the entire White Paper, see here.