“Alias Certificates” Required from Immigrant Visa Applicants at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou

The latest Immigrant Visa Instructions published by the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou on Nov. 24, 2017, require that an applicant who has “ever used another name or alias on legal documentation or for other official purpose must provide a certified alias certificate” (别名证明文件).

Maintaining LPR Status During Stays Abroad Naturalization and Citizenship

Can a Green Card Holder Who’s Been Overseas for 6 Months Apply for Naturalization?

A reader asks, “Can a green card holder who’s been overseas for 6 months apply for citizenship?” In short, maybe. It depends on the specifics of your situation. The General Rule To be naturalized as a U.S. citizen, an applicant must ordinarily prove that “immediately preceding the date of filing [their] application for naturalization [they…