See if You Are Eligible for Expeditious Naturalization

Most applicants for naturalization must first reside in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident for a continuous period of 5 years. However, that requirement can be waived if you are eligible for expeditious naturalization based on your U.S. citizen spouse’s employment abroad for one of the following types of employers:

  • an American firm or corporation engaged in whole or in part in the development of foreign trade and commerce of the U.S., or a subsidiary thereof;
  • the U.S. Government;
  • certain American research institutions;
  • certain public international organizations in which the U.S. participates; or
  • a religious denomination or an interdenominational mission organization having a bona fide organization within the U.S.

Use our eligibility screening tool to find out if you may be eligible for expeditious naturalization. You will have to answer questions about:

  • The terms of your spouse’s employment abroad, which may be found in an employment contract or assignment letter.
  • The ownership of the company employing your spouse, if you are applying for expeditious naturalization on the basis of your spouse’s employment for an American firm or corporation.

Note: This eligibility screening tool checks your eligibility for expeditious naturalization. Also, take a look at the Expeditious Naturalization Guide. Separately, check whether you meet the general requirements applicable to all naturalization applicants by reading our Guide to Naturalization in the United States.

Eligibility Screening Tool

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *