U.S. Family-Sponsored Immigrant Visas

familyKeeping families together is our #1 priority.

Our law firm represents clients worldwide with U.S. family-sponsored immigrant visas, and we’d like to become your trusted legal adviser. The first step is to schedule a consultation in person, by phone, or by Skype.

Here are more articles about U.S. family-sponsored green cards:

[display-posts category=”family-iv”]


  1. My wife is a naturalized U.S. citizen.

    She would like to sponsor her sister on an F4 visa, but saw that the priority date in the December 2013 bulletin was 08SEP01 (i.e., more than 12 years ago).
    Do you happen to have any sense of whether and when the formula that determines the maximum number of visas each year will be modified to address the backlog? I’m pretty sure that the answer is, “Wait until the next electoral tidal wave that favors one party or the other,” but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

    1. Chris: Some of the proposals considered by Congress this session would phase out the sponsorship of siblings. This would be a trade-off in favor of more employment-sponsored immigration for international talent. These are just proposals, and any change in the law may allow for the immigration of persons already in the cue. This may be a reason to file the I-130 now, although being the beneficiary of an I-130 could also make it harder for a sibling to qualify for certain nonimmigrant visas that require proof of nonimmigrant intent. Since there are both advantages and disadvantages to filing the I-130, you may wish to seek legal advice in order to make an informed decision.

  2. I left the us after living there for 16 years because I was in a very abusive relationship and feared for my life. I have 17 year old son who was born in the states, I was a LPR and have been gone since 2001 how can come back to the states.

    1. Tracey,

      You’ve very likely abandoned your U.S. permanent residence by your absence of 10+ years. Your son, once age 21, can file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on your behalf. Besides that, you may be able for a nonimmigrant visa, immigrant visa, or other immigration benefit. Take a look at the Quick Reference Guides listed here, or consult with an immigration lawyer.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.