This position has been filled.
Our law firm has an internship opportunity in the Beijing, Shenyang, or Shanghai office. The intern will assist our lawyers and staff with projects related to PRC visa, permanent residence, and nationality law.
This may include, for example:
- Assisting with PRC legal research.
- English-Chinese translations.
- Gathering documents and information from clients; other factual investigation.
- Preparing filings to PRC immigration authorities
- Participating in client meetings
- Drafting correspondence
- Administrative tasks.
We take seriously our responsibility to provide experience, training, and mentorship for an intern new to the field of immigration law.
This is an unpaid internship, but a modest stipend will be provided to cover expenses. If class credits are available from your university, we will assist with the process.
We’re looking for an intern who is ready and excited to make the most of the internship:
1. Undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent graduate in law or a related field
2. Native-level Chinese and good English language skills, both oral and written
3. Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel)
4. Good organization skills
5. Good interpersonal skills, self-initiative, problem solving skills
The intern should be available at least 20 hours per week for 8-12 weeks.
How to Apply
Applications must include a resume and a detailed cover letter in English describing your specific interest in immigration law and how you would contribute to the work of our firm. State your desired start and end dates in your cover letter too. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.