We are looking for a paralegal to work under lawyer supervision to manage all steps of applications for China police certificates by foreigners, residents of Hong Kong/Macau/ Taiwan, and former Chinese citizens.
- Answer inquiries from potential clients, using legal knowledge, communication skills, and marketing skills
- Interview potential clients, gather and review documents and client questionnaires, and other factual investigation
- Legal research with public security bureau offices nationwide regarding their local requirements and procedures
- Calculate quotes and drafts representation agreements
- Track each lead, using project management skills
- Chinese-English translation and interpretation
- Assist with police certificate applications and with documenting, in some cases, that police certificates are unobtainable
- Bachelor’s degree (law or English is most common, but other majors will be considered)
- Experience in the job responsibilities is valued but not required. Our firm can provide specialized training. New college graduates will be considered.
- Fluent oral and written English & Chinese
- Good client communication skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to cooperate with others, professional ethics, communication skills, self-initiative, and problem-solving
- Proficiency with MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and, preferably, OneNote) and Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to make a commitment to work in this position for at least two years
Compensation, Benefits, Working Conditions
Salary: 4000 – 9000 per month, depending on experience.
Health insurance, housing fund, etc.
Paid annual vacation.
Reimbursement of mobile phone and travel expenses.
5-day work week.
Telecommute from home once you can perform responsibilities independently.
As we represent clients worldwide, occasionally you may be required to make or receive international phone calls outside of regular China office hours.
How to Apply
Send a resume in English and Chinese, as well as a letter in English explaining your interest in the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity. We provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability unrelated to job requirements.