Our firm is growing!
We are looking for a paralegal to work under lawyer supervision to manage all steps of U.S. immigration cases before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the State Department, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Case types include, for example:
- permanent residence (e.g., through family, investment, or employment)
- nonimmigrant visas (e.g., B, H, L, O)
- inadmissibility waivers
- issues related to maintenance of permanent resident status
- gathering supporting documents, such as police certificates and birth certificates.
- Interviewing clients, gathering and reviewing documents, and other factual investigation
- Legal research
- Preparing forms and letters for filing with immigration agencies
- Creating a schedule for each case, using project management skills to prepare the case according to the schedule, and balancing the schedules in your caseload
- Chinese-English translation and interpretation
- Assisting with administration, such as billing and collections, marketing, and practice management.
- Experience in the job responsibilities is valued but not required. Our firm can provide specialized training.
- Bachelor’s degree (law or English is most common, but other majors will be considered)
- Fluent oral and written English & Chinese
- Good client relations skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to cooperate with others, professional ethics, communication skills, self-initiative, and problem-solving
- Proficiency with MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and, preferably, OneNote) and Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to make a commitment to work in this position for at least two years
Compensation, Benefits, Working Conditions
Salary: 5000 to 9000 depending on experience.
Health insurance, housing fund, etc.
Paid annual vacation.
Reimbursement of mobile phone and travel expenses.
5-day work week.
Some telecommuting from home is allowed once an employee can perform responsibilities independently.
As we represent clients worldwide, you may be required to make or receive international phone calls outside of regular China office hours.
How to Apply
Send a resume in English and Chinese, as well as a letter in English explaining your interest in the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity. We provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability unrelated to job requirements.