At Chodorow Law Offices, we help with citizenship issues. For a brief summary of citizenship laws, see Quick Reference to Citizenship. Our firm’s services include, for example:
- Naturalization. See also our article on Choosing Between U.S. and Chinese Citizenship: Pros and Cons.
- Expeditious naturalization under section 319(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for the spouses of U.S. citizens employed abroad for U.S. companies, the U.S. Government, certain international organizations, certain research institutions, or certain religious organizations:
- Eligibility Screening Tool: See if you may be eligible for expeditious naturalization.
- Guide to Expeditious Naturalization
- What Counts as an American Institution of Research or International Organization for Purposes of Expeditious Naturalization?
- Acquisition of citizenship by birth abroad to a U.S. citizen parent, including applying for a consular report of birth abroad (CRBA), passport, and social security number.
- Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate under Section 322 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, for a child who was born abroad and lives with a U.S. citizen parent but who did not automatically acquire citizenship at birth
- Complicated U.S. passport applications
- Advice for children with dual U.S.-China nationality, including determining a child’s nationality; advice for international travel with a China passport, travel permit (旅行证), or exit and entry permit (通行证); enrollment in Chinese schools; and renunciation of citizenship.
In addition, our firm has unparalleled experience and resources on the ground for representing clients with regard to citizenship issues before the U.S. Consulates in Greater China (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Chengdu, Shenyang, Hong Kong, and Taipei). We make it our business to know each consulate’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in Beijing, Shenyang, Shanghai, or Los Angeles; or by phone, Skype, WeChat, or FaceTime. Our goal is to become your trusted legal adviser.